The Pacquiao vs Horn boxing encounter on July 2 in Brisbane is not yet confirmed.
A highly anticipated boxing match Pacquiao vs Horn is due to be formally announced as an up-coming bout or as a fell through deal. Although neither official confirmation nor declination have been yet revealed, the proposed showdown is reportedly in consideration of the camp of Filipino great.
Earlier this week, Bob Arum has set the deadline by Wednesday [Thursday in Australia]. The sentence is the WBO welterweight championship. The current title holder Manny Pacquiao (59-6-2, 38 KOs) is expected to face off Australian Jeff Horn (16-0-1, 11 KOs) on July 2 in Brisbane. The Top Rank promoter is in touch with “Pacman” through his adviser Michael Koncz.
On Thursday Philstar reports that Koncz said in a text message that the deadline is not the major concern. He added that until the proposal is hundred per cent satisfying the contract won’t be signed.
“We are not very worried about any deadline,” said Koncz. “When we believe the terms and conditions of an agreement are in Manny’s best interest then we will sign [the contract]. Simple as that.”
In addition, Rappler reports more information similarly shared via a text message where Koncz advises that the terms are being finalized. As well, to be, indeed, finalized this week.
“We are finalizing the terms,” said Koncz. “Should be finalized by end of week.”
Manny Pacquiao and Jeff Horn were originally announced to square off on April 23 at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane. The bout didn’t go ahead with Filipino great looking for another showdown with Amir Khan on May in UAE 20 which has also fell off.
The most recent bout of Manny Pacquiao, 38, was last November when he defeated Jessie Vargas. Jeff Horn, 29, last fought in December, when he stopped Ali Funeka in Round 6.