Glory kickboxing rematch Badr Hari vs Rico Verhoeven
Badr Hari (l) and Rico Verhoeven (r) in their 2016 kickboxing encounter in Oberhausen / Pic: Facebook

The second heavyweight kickboxing clash between Badr Hari and Rico Verhoeven is expected in 2018.

Early July several media outlets indicated that the second bout between K-1 kickboxing legend Badr Hari and the current Glory heavyweight champion Rico Verhoeven would take its place in Amsterdam on March 25 next year. Furthermore an event page on Facebook has been set up promoting the alleged happening held at Ziggo Dome.

However late last week, with a reference to Gelderlander, Dutch sports tabloid Sportnieuws reported that the claims of the bout being held at such date do not reflect the reality. According to publication the trainer of Badr Hari, Mike Passenier said that the exact date has not yet been set. He has advised that “March is probably too early”.

Hari reportedly remains imprisoned until the end of the year. He is said to be training, however the facilities are “not optimal”.

Badr Bar and Rico Verhoeven fought in December 2016 in Germany, headlining the Pay-Per-View event Glory Collision. In the second round Hari received an arm injury which forced to terminate the contest. Verhoeven was awarded as a winner via TKO. Post-fight both fighters showed their interest to face each other one more time.

Hari hasn’t fought since. Verhoeven defeated Ismael Lazaar in May and is scheduled to fight Jamal Ben Saddik in defense of the title end of the year.

To date Glory Kickboxing has not formally announced a presumed bout. Neither Hari nor Verhoeven indicated the date of a highly anticipated rematch on their profiles in social media.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here