Conor McGregor (21-4) announced his return at a press conference in Moscow, Russia on Thursday. “The Notorious” is scheduled to step inside the Octagon on January 18 (Jan 19 AEST) at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. He however hasn’t revealed the name of his opponent.
“I would like to announce the return of ‘The Notorious’ Conor McGregor will take place on January 18th in the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada,” McGregor said (via MMAFighting). When asked about his opponent, McGregor responded saying: “Ask the UFC, because I do not give a f***.”
Conor McGregor is former UFC champion in two weight classes, featherweight and lightweight. He was last seen in action in October 2018, when he was submitted in the fourth round by the reigning lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.
McGregor also said he was interested to challenge the winner of “BME” title, which is contested by Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal at UFC 244 on November 3 (AEST). He has previously fought Diaz twice, losing the first fight by submission and taking the revenge by decision.
“Obviously, I have history with Nate Diaz, we are set to have the trilogy bout. We’ll see how that one goes, I feel Nate will get the better of that one [fight against Masvidal] and then we will contest the trilogy bout.”
In addition, McGregor said he was looking to face the winner of Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov.
“We want this bout in Moscow, the people of Russia deserve this bout to take place, the people of the world deserve this bout to take place. It is an inevitable rematch [against Nurmagomedov].”
Earlier in his career Conor McGregor defeated Eddie Alvarez, Jose Aldo, among others.