NRL star turned boxer Paul Gallen takes on fellow-heavyweight Justis Huni on Wednesday, June 16. The pair squares off in a ten-round matchup, headlining the fight card at Aware Super Theatre at ICC Sydney. The event, titled “Termination Day”, airs live on pay-per-view.
Unbeaten Paul Gallen (11-0-1, 6 KOs) last fought in April when he knocked out Lucas Browne in the first round. In December 2020 he went a six-round distance with K-1 kickboxing and MMA legend Mark Hunt and earned a unanimous decision.
Undefeated Australian heavyweight champion Justis Huni (4-0. 3 KOs) was in action in May, when he secured a unanimous decision against Christian Ndzie Tsoye after ten rounds. Prior to that the 2019 World Championships bronze medalist stopped Jack Maris, Arsene Fosso and Faiga Opelu.
Among Gallen vs Huni undercard bouts, Issac Hardman and Emmanuel Carlos meet in a ten-rounder with IBF Australasian, WBO Oriental, and Australian middleweight titles on the line. As well, Sam Goodman faces off Nort Beauchamp in an eight-rounder at featherweight.
In addition, Andrei Mikhailovich goes up against Alex Hanan in an eight-rounder at super welterweight. Kicking off the action, Jason Whateley meets Victor Oganov in the scheduled for six rounds rematch at cruiserweight.
How to watch Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni
Boxing fans can watch Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni live stream on Kayo. The start time is scheduled for Wednesday, June 16 at 7 pm AEST / 5 pm AWST. The PPV price is $59.95.
Gallen vs Huni PPV tickets are on sale. More information and how to purchase can be found on the broadcast page.
Gallen vs Huni fight card
- Paul Gallen vs. Justis Huni, 10 rounds, heavyweight – for Australian heavyweight title
- Issac Hardman vs. Emmanuel Carlos, 10 rounds, middleweight – for IBF Australasian, WBO Oriental, and Australian middleweight titles
- Andrei Mikhailovich vs. Alex Hanan, 8 rounds, super welterweight
- Sam Goodman vs. Nort Beauchamp, 8 rounds, featherweight – for Australian National Boxing Federation Australasian featherweight title
- Jason Whateley vs. Victor Oganov, 6 rounds, cruiserweight