Dana White’s Contender Series 42 airs live from UFC Apex in Las Vegas, NV on Tuesday, October 5, which makes it Wednesday, October 6 in the UK and Australia. The event features five bouts, with MMA prospects battling it out inside the Octagon, in hopes to earn a contract with the UFC.
The headline-bout features Shimon Smotritsky up against Mike Malott at welterweight. Among other bouts, Daniel Barez faces Carlos Hernandez at flyweight, Joshua Weems meets Fernie Garcia at 139-pound catchweight, and Joseph Holmes squares off against Shonte Barnes at middleweight. In addition, Genaro Valdez and Patrik White do battle at lightweight.
Stay tuned with DWCS 42 results below.
Dana White’s Contender Series 42 results
- Mike Malott def. Shimon Smotritsky by submission (guillotine choke, R1 at 0:39)
- Carlos Hernandez def. Daniel Barez by split decision (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)
- Fernie Garcia def. Joshua Weems by TKO (punches, R1 at 2:10)
- Joseph Holmes def. Shonte Barnes by submission (rear-naked choke, R2 at 2:46)
- Genaro Valdez def. Patrik White by TKO (punches. R2 at 0:44)
The following fighters were awared a UFC contract: Mike Malott, Carlos Hernandez, Fernie Garcia and Genaro Valdez.