WBC featherweight champion Gary Russell Jr (31-1, 18 KOs) weighed-in at 125.5 lbs on the second attempt for his sixth title against undefeated contender Mark Magsayo (23-0, 16 KOs), who showed the same. The pair squares off live from Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, NJ on Saturday January 22, which makes it Sunday January 23 in the UK, Australia and the Philippines.
Russell initially weighed-in at 126.5 lbs and had one hour to make the required limit.
Also stepping on the scales a day before the fight show, super lightweight contenders Subriel Matias (17-1, 17 KOs) and Petros Ananyan (16-2-2, 7 KOs) came in at 140.5 lbs and 141 lbs, respectively. The pair meets in the rematch.
In addition, Tugstsogt Nyambayar (12-2, 9 KOs) showed 128 lbs for his featherweight telecast opener against Sakaria Lukas (25-1, 17 KOs), who was 127.5 lbs. Get the full fight card and weigh-in results below.
Russell vs Magsayo fight card
The full Russell vs Magsayo fight card looks as the following:
- Gary Russell Jr (125.5) vs. Mark Magsayo (125.5), 12 rounds, featherweight – Russell’s WBC featherweight title
- Subriel Matias (140.5) vs. Petros Ananyan (141), 12 rounds, super lightweight
- Tugstsogt Nyambayar (128) vs. Sakaria Lukas (127.5), 10 rounds, featherweight
- Abimael Ortiz (123) vs. Ryan Lee Allen (122), 8 rounds, super bantamweight
- LeShawn Rodriquez (156.5) vs. Sixto Suazo (156.5), 6 rounds, middleweight
- Evan Holyfield (151.5) vs. Chris Rollins (151.5), 6 rounds, super welterweight
- Rasheen Brown (124) vs. Katsuma Akitsugi (123.5), 6 rounds, featherweight
- Max Garland (146.5) vs. Marik Black (142.5), 4 rounds, welterweight