Mexican boxing star and the first in history undisputed super middleweight king Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (57-1-2, 39 KOs) goes up against reigning WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol (19-0, 11 KOs) in the main event live on DAZN from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday May 7, which makes it Sunday May 8 in the UK and Australia. A day before the fight show the athletes step on the scales to make it official.
Bivol stepped on the scales first showing 174.6 lbs. Canelo weighed in at 174.4. The world championship bout is scheduled for twelve rounds.
Amon other bouts Gabriel Gollaz Valenzuela (25-2-1, 15 KOs) faces Montana Love (17-0-1, 9 KOs) in the twelve-rounder at super lightweight. As well, Zhang Zhilei (23-0-1, 18 KOs) meets Scott Alexander (16-4-2, 8 KOs) in the ten-rounder at heavyweight. In addition, Christian Gomez (22-2-1 20 KOs) takes on Shakhram Giyasov (12-0 9 KOs) in the ten-rounder with the IBF North American welterweight title on the line.
Get Canelo vs Bivol full fight card and weigh-in results below. Video is available up top.
Canelo vs Bivol fight card
- Canelo Alvarez (174.4) vs. Dmitry Bivol (174.6), 12 rounds, light heavyweight – Bivol’s WBA light heavyweight title
- Montana Love (140) vs. Gabriel Gollaz Valenzuela (138.6), 12 rounds, super lightweight
- Shakhram Giyasov (146.6) vs. Christian Gomez (146), 10 rounds, welterweight – IBF North American welterweight title
- Marc Castro (134.8) vs. Pedro Vicente Scharbaai (134.8), 8 rounds, lightweight
- Scott Alexander (222.6) vs. Zhang Zhilei (276.2), 10 rounds, heavyweight
- Joselito Velazquez (112.4) vs. Jose Soto (113.8), 10 rounds, flyweight
- Alexis Espino (163.6) vs. Aaron Silva (164.4), 8 rounds, middleweight
- Elnur Abduraimov (129.6) vs. Manuel Correa (129.6), 8 rounds, super featherweight
- Fernando Molina (139.6) vs. Ricardo Valdovinos (139.4), 6 rounds, super lightweight