Unbeaten two-time world champion David Benavidez and former world champion David Lemieux battle it out for the interim WBC super middleweight title in the main event at Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona on Saturday May 21, which makes it Sunday May 22 in the UK and Australia. A day before the fight show the athletes step on the scales to make it official.
Benavidez weighed-in at 166.4 lbs. Lemieux was 166.2 lbs. The bout is scheduled for twelve rounds.
Cuban prospect Yoelvis Gomez was 156.6 lbs for his ten-round super welterweight co-main event bout against Mexico’s Jorge Cota, who showed 156.8 lbs. Dominican prospect Luis Nunez and Mexico’s Jonathan Fierro tipped the scales at 126 lbs and 125.6 lbs, respectively, for their ten-round featherweight telecast opener.
Get Benavidez vs Lemieux full fight card and weigh-in results below.
Benavidez vs Lemieux fight card
- David Benavidez (166.4) vs. David Lemieux (166.2), 12 rounds, super middleweight – interim WBC super middleweight title
- Yoelvis Gomez (156.6) vs. Jorge Cota (156.8), 10 rounds, super welterweight
- Luis Reynaldo Nunez (126) vs. Jonathan Javier Fierro (125.6), 10 rounds, featherweight
- Victor Ortiz (151.8) vs. Todd Manuel (158.8), 10 rounds, super welterweight
- Richardson Hitchins (143) vs. Angel Rodriguez (142.8), 10 rounds, super lightweight
- Estevan Villalobos (147) vs. Christon Edwards (146.6), 8 rounds, welterweight
- Elijah Lorenzo Garcia (159.6) vs. Rowdy Legend Montgomery (158.8), 6 rounds, middleweight
- Jesus Abel Ibarra (128.8) vs. Ernesto Guerrero (126.4), 6 rounds, super featherweight
- Chavon Davis (165.4) vs. Brent Oren (168.4), 6 rounds, super middleweight
- Micky Scala (153.4) vs. Mike Plazola, 6 rounds (154.2), super welterweight
- Julio Ocampo Hernandez (138.8) vs. Gibran Perez (137.6), 4 rounds, lightweight