This page explains our online information practices and policies regarding the choices you can make, about the way your information is collected, used and stored.
- What information we collect
- How do we use information
- Disclosure of information
- Protection of information
- How can you access your information
- Opt in and opt out
- How to contact us
- Other important information
1. What information we collect
Contact information – This is your personal information that you provide when you contact us. This information includes, but not is limited to, your name, surname, country and city of residency, E-mail and telephone number.
Public Information and Posts – This consists of, but is not limited to, your posts, comments, content that you post to this Site and information that accompanies those posts, comments and content. It includes, but is not limited to, your name, username (user ID), likes, tweets, status, profile information, pictures, comments, followers, and friends. This type of information is always public, available to everyone and may be indexed by any external search engine and displayed in its search results. You acknowledge that we cannot control any third parties, such as an external search engine (but not limited to) for collection or use of your information.
Activity relating data – This is not personal type of information. This information includes data about, but is not limited to, your computer, mobile device or other devices, unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information, IP address, type of browser, other software and hardware information. This information is collected via tracking technologies such as cookies. Other non-personal information may include the information you provide in response to a survey. Such information is used to report statistics, administer our services, diagnose problems and targets, analyse trends, and improve the quality of this Site. You agree that we may use and disclose such information for any purpose and by any means necessary.
2. How do we use information
The main purpose for which we collect information from you and about you is to provide you with our services and features that you request. A more specific purpose may be given at the time when we collect the information.
In certain cases if you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the service or feature that you request. For example, if you do not fill out your name and email, you will not be able to post a comment on a story.
The additional purposes for which we may use your personal information that we collect from you and about you are presented below. You consent to us using your personal information for:
- to measure and improve our services and features;
- to improve, personalise and customise your experience with these services and features;
- to deliver content we believe you are likely to find relevant and interesting. Includes advertising and marketing messages that may relate to any of our businesses or third party business;
- to allow you to comment on content, and participate in polls, quizzes, customer surveys and rewards programs;
- to respond to your enquiries, including by email, mail or telephone;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- as required and permitted by any law and the Privacy Act.
When you are not reasonably identifiable in relation to the information collected from or about you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties. We may also de-identify the information we collect about you so that we can use and disclose it without using or revealing any personal information about you.
3. Disclosure of information
We use and disclose information from you and about you to protect our rights and the rights of others.
There may be cases when we may disclose your information, including situations where we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in order to (but is not limited to):
- protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or our property, our related companies or our and their employees, agents and contractors, which includes enforcement of our agreements and our terms and conditions;
- protect the safety, privacy, and security of our users or members of the public;
- protect against fraud or for risk management purposes;
- comply with the law or legal process in any country;
- respond to requests from public, and governmental authorities.
We may also disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to third parties that:
- are engaged by us to perform functions or provide products and services on our behalf;
- are our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- sponsor or promote any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
- are authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- are a part of any investigation into you or your activity. Includes: (i) a suspicion that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, (ii) we believe that disclosure is necessary to the Police and/or any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator;
- as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business;
- as required or permitted by any law and the Privacy Act.
4. Protection of information
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to protect information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
You acknowledge that:
- the complete safety of your information, as well as security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed.
- you provide information to us via the Internet or by post at your own risk.
- we cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
- we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party, and the collection and use of your information by such third party may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please inform us immediately.
5. How can you access your information
If you would like to access, review, correct or update your personal information, you may send us a request by making a contact with us as outlined in section 7 of this policy.
In your request, please include your full name, e-mail address, address and telephone. We may request additional information to verify your identity. Clearly specify what information you would like to access, review, correct or update. In some cases we may need to share your information with others in order to assist in responding to your request. We will try to respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible.
We reserve the right to deny access in any circumstances we will generally advise you with the reason. You may be charged a fee in order to cover the costs of meeting your request.
We suggest you to keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
6. Opt in and opt out
At the point we collect information from you, you may be asked to ‘opt in’ to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information other than in accordance with this policy or any applicable law.
You are generally be given the opportunity to ‘opt out’ from receiving communications from us or from third parties that send communications to you in accordance with this policy, such as option to unsubscribe from e-newsletters. You may also ‘opt out’ from receiving such communications by updating your personal details on your membership page if applicable.
Cookies – you can block or delete cookies through your browser settings. Please be advised that as a result you may not be able to continue to receive some of our services.
If you receive communications purporting to be connected with us or our services that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please inform us.
7. How to contact us
9. Other important information
Some of our services are located in and managed outside of Australia. You consent to have any of your personal information accessible from or transmitted outside of Australia.